Welcome to Eastern Catalyst School 🎓 !
Who will deliver ECS in Vietnamese?
All course facilitators are Eastern Hemisphere Townhall (ETH) Core Team Members.
What is the main delivery content and language?
All content will be in English and delivered in Vietnamese.
How to enrol for these sessions?
Information will be available through Telegram, Facebook, Eastern Townhall Website, and from bi-weekly meetings.
How long each session will be held?
Each session takes up to 120 mins.
Where the sessions will be held?
Online and via Zoom and Zoom link will sent once you registered.
What do I need to ready myself to attend such sessions?
You need a suitable internet connection, a computer, Mic and Webcam (optional) and able to read and understand general English.
Is it fee pay learning session?
No, all sessions are free of charge as a Fund 8 funded proposal and facilitated by Eastern Town Core Team members.
Who should attend?
The learners are the best to know their current stage of knowledge about blockchain in general and the Cardano ecosystem. Therefore, the purpose of grouping is a simple indicator where Project Catalyst (PC) interested learners could make a quick decision and select the right group. Thus, learners choose the most suitable learning sessions and estimate how much time and effort for role preparation before becoming confident and performing as Proposal Assessors (PAs), Veteran Proposal Assessors (vPAs), Proposal and Voter, known as four roles.
What are the learning objectives? Sample of introductory workshop sessions.
Workshop 1 - Introduction to Catalyst Workshops: Learning objectives
- The Catalyst School and Eastern Catalyst School
- Intro to Cardano ecosystem and Project Catalyst
- Purposes and Catalyst Roles
- Project Catalyst fund cycles and Treasury
- Challenge settings and Challenge Teams
- Voters and voting conditions
Workshop 2 - Proposing in Catalyst: Learning objectives
- What is IdeaScale?
- How to write a good proposal?
- How to submit a proposal in Fund 9?
- Proposer Flags in post PA: Implications and effects
Workshop 3 – PA and vPA: Learning objectives
- How to become Proposal Assessor (PA)
- How to become Veteran Proposal Assessor (vPA)
Linh Pham is an Australia-based computer network and security consultant since 1997 and turned into an academic in 2004 and delivered on cyber security, cloud computing, digital forensics and intro to the blockchain courses and topic areas. Co-host of Eastern Hemisphere Townhall. Challenge team member of Fund7 - Disarm Cyber Disinformation Attacks, Team Lead for both Fund8 and 9 for Grow East Asia, Grow Cardano challenges. He is currently assisting in running Eastern Catalyst School, a Fund8 funded proposal, in curriculum design and taking charge of delivery.
Mie Tran is a Vietnam-based funded proposer, Eastern Townhall Moderator, Interpreter and Translator, Challenge Team member, sub-circle team member, and Cardano Passionate. Ms Mei graduated with an English and International Business major with experience working with western businesses and translation. Co-host for Cardano Eastern Townhall - English/Vietnamese.
Tien Nguyen a Vietnam-based funded proposer, and Eastern Townhall Moderator. The founder of the VILAI stake pool, and a computer science expert working in the Cardano/Crypto space since 2018. He has deployed many payment systems for major banks, financial institutions, and telecommunications in Vietnam.
How to contact the ECS-VNese team?
- Vietnam Catalyst School Telegram
- Cardano Viet Nam Catalyst Project Telegram
- Feedback, improvement, collaboration
- The information and document listed on this page are intended to help Cardano enthusiasts to gain knowledge and perform one of four roles (Proposal Assessors (PAs), Veteran Proposal Assessors (vPAs), Proposal and Voter). There is no guarantee whatsoever in return of any type of financial incentive, ADA/Lovelace, redemption and/or similar mean from Catalyst Project, Catalyst School, or Eastern Catalyst School members.
- Always be cautious and verify your reading sources and information before deciding what to do in the permissionless and trustless blockchain environment.
- Please let us know if you find any simple, flowable resources and wish to share them with learners. Thank you.
The resources we use below are listed in 3 categories and the information complied as of September 2022. For any outdated and valuable updated information that we yet listed, please use the above contact methods to share with us. Appreciated
Table 1: Learner group categories
|Group 1: Newbie (G1)||Group 2: Mature (G2)||Group 3: Contributor(G3)|
Table 2: Resources for workshop sessions
Noting when reading some old documentations PA and vPA:
PA - Proposal Assessor (PA) replaced Community Advisor (CA) from Jun 2022 vPA - Veteran Proposal Assessor (vCA) replaced Veteran Community Advisor (vCA) from Jun 2022.