How can we create a positive developer experience that helps the developer focus on building successful apps?
Fund Size: $1,005,000 USD paid in Ada
Creating an awesome experience that incentives developers, will lead to increased developer adoption, productivity, and creativity.
How success looks like
Liveliness. Happy energized developers making money and achieving their goals, mutual help, collaboration, and a shared feeling of success. A feeling of unexpected innovation happening “on it’s own”. A wide variety of resources are provided for developers allowing them to focus on business value they can generate and not on infrastructure
Cardano has a thriving ecosystem of infrastructure companies that don’t need to be subsidized by grants and are able to scale their businesses by monetizing the services that they provide. They are attracting developers to the ecosystem and educating them on how to build applications.
Key metric to measure
At the end of this challenge, we will be asking ourselves: Did we manage to make it easier for developers to build on top of Cardano?
- Filling in gaps defined in the exploration stage.
- Number of developers actively building on top of Cardano
- Number of repos on Github using the tooling. (Month over month increase)
- Reduce wait time of unanswered communications with developers to 24 hours.
- A sense of community and conversations. Having people around to talk with.
- What are the the tools that we need to prioritize first
- How do we attract developers from outside of our current community to participate in Catalyst?
- What do developers want, and how do they get it from the Cardano dev ecosystem?
- What would make it a developer motivated to grind through the docs and code no matter how hard it is to create an app?
- What are enterprise dev managers looking for in order to be able to build out enterprise projects - either internal or commercial?
- Developer productivity: IDE’s, scripts to automate stuff.
- Knowledge base & Documentation
- Deployment, testing, and monitoring frameworks
- Samples, recipes and templates
- DEFI and tokenization
- API’s, and oracles.
- Support structures
- Incentivization structures