Developer Ecosystem - The Evolution
Challenge Budget: ₳2,000,000
Guiding Questions :
- How do we equip and support developers with tools and working infrastructure?
- How do we make Cardano their first choice when it comes to building dApps?
Why is it important?
- Growing a developer community that is interested buildng on Cardano increases adoption
- Creating as many tools and infrastructure as possible attracts developers to start exploring opportunities
What is success?
- Accelerated dApp development
- Increasing number of open source projects on Cardano
What are the key metrics?
- Number of API or developer tools to lower entry barrier for developers
- Number of developers actively building
- Number of repos on Github using the tooling (monthly increase)
- Strong community of developers and proposers
- Thriving project collaboration
- Increasing number of open source projects
What this challenge is looking for?
- What are the tools that we need to prioritize first?
- How do we incentivise projects to be open source?
- How do we attract developers from outside of the community to participate in Catalyst?
- What do developers want?
- How do they get it from the Cardano dev ecosystem?
- How to motivate devs to grind create a dApp no matter how hard it is?
- How to identify needs of enterprise dev managers that motivates them to build out enterprise projects?
Potential proposals Directions
- Developer productivity : IDE’s, scripts to automate processes.
- Knowledge base & documentation
- Deployment, testing, and monitoring frameworks
- Samples, recipes and templates
- DeFi and tokenization
- API’s and Oracles
- Support structures
- Incentivization structures
- Collaborative structures